Thursday, March 3, 2011

the direction of your dreams

I am very fascinated by the poetry of Henry David Thoreau and his words have been floating around in my thoughts lately. Thoreau says that "If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined he will meet with success unexpected in common hours"...and with that I think what he's saying is...Live the dream friends. I read once that Thoreau wanted to just drop out of society for a time, so he did, he went into the woods, built a house and lived there. Remember that line in the film The Holiday where Kate Winslet meets that lovely old man living in her street and they go out for dinner and he says "In the movies we have leading ladies and we have the best friend. You I can tell are a leading lady but for some reason you are behaving like the best friend"...so true.

No comments: