Sunday, May 29, 2011

I am going to be lovely to you





Dropped off husband to work and thought it would be a prime opportunity to do some early morning grocery shopping. So off I went to my local Coles store and after half an hour of loitering through the store I made it to the checkout. I start loading my groceries onto the belt and the lady serving barks at me about leaving my trolley there, now my initial instinct was hey lady (who by the way was wearing way too much make up for a Sunday morning) I was just going to move it...relax!
I desperately wanted to use a harsh tone with her but... I didn't, I thought, actually this woman is screaming for some kindness (and a makeover) and I am just the right person to give her a big sunny smile and think nice thoughts about her.

image via dottie angel

No comments: